Term 2 Week 8
We are really enjoying the Matariki stories. There are so many ideas surrounding their appearance marking the Māori new year. Ask your child which story is their favourite. On Friday we made telescopes depicting the Matariki constellation.
Friday morning we also had our first VLC (Vertical Learning Community) assembly. We will be coming together fortnightly to celebrate, waiata and share achievements.
Congratulations to the the children who received ORCA awards last week.
We summarised our study of the concept of measuring area last week with a collaborative exercise, to make enough feathers to cover the area of Gecko's korowai, which is now on our wall.
My apologies to the parents who had difficulty removing our failed flubber from school uniforms.
Looking forward to next week.
- In maths, we begin looking at concepts of measuring volume or capacity.
- We will continue with finding out about Matariki; stories and the cultural celebrations people have during the Māori new year.
- Inquiry - How is Candy Floss made?
- Whole school assembly Friday afternoon.
- We will be doing VLC rotation PE again this Friday.
- A notice was sent out in the children's book bags last week. We really need your favourite recipes for our whangaparaoa cookbook. Please send them in to email@example.com.