Term 4 Week 3
Awesome disco PFA and helpers!
The setup, decorations and organisation was impressive. Lots of happy excited children.
Last Weeks highlights
- Tuesday second block we had our first year 1 Athletics rotation.
- Two of our seeds we planted have sprouted.
- Wednesday afternoon we booked the bikes. A few grazes but lots of smiles.
- An interesting problem solving discussion arose from the book, The windy farm. We managed to clear up whether it was the wind that made windmills turn or whether it was windmills that made the wind.
- Our writing is progressing in leaps and bounds. Some of the children chose to publish a recent piece of writing from their book on Friday. Hopefully I will be able to do this with a few more chldren on Tuesday when I am on release.
- We had our first VLC passion Friday experience. Everyone was keen to share what they had been doing.
- Tuesday - free mufti-day for halloween. Everyone can dress up in their favourite costume.
- Whole school assembly this Friday.
- All children must wear their Whangaparaoa bucket hats or stay close to their classroom in the shade during breaks. Please make sure their hats are clearly named.
- L1 and L2 will be starting the keeping ourselves safe programme (you should have received an email or letter about it last week) in week 4. If you have any questions or concerns about please see me.